Saturday, June 21, 2008

Kid Speak


As of late, my little munchkins have had the most hilarious vocabulary.
Now I have always thought that they were the cutest kids in the world, but lately, they have been the funniest kids too. For example, my husband had taken them to Wal-Mart the other day. As they were heading out of the store the door greeter lady told them to have a good day. Forrest, being the friendly child that he is, yells back at her, "See ya later, Sugar Butt!" My husband was absolutely stunned. We have no idea as to where this vocabulary came from. He does not call me pet names like that, so we don't know where he heard it. Anyway, he promptly told Forrest that it was wrong to say things like that to women and people in general and they went on their merry way. Of course, when he told me, I died laughing. It was the funniest thing I had ever heard.

On to Nathan. Today we went out to lunch at a pizza joint called Larry's Pizza. They have all sorts of specialty pizza. Loaded baked potato pizza, chicken alfredo pizza, taco salad pizza, BBQ pig pizza, ect.... The list goes on and on. And they have all sorts of dessert pizzas too. Nathan was looking at some pizza on my husbands plate and he asked his dad what was on the pizza. It was pepperoni, sausage, and bacon pizza. Nathan goes, "UMMMMM Yum!" My husband asked him if he would like a piece and Nathan said yes. So he gave Nathan the piece off of his plate and went back up to the bar to get himself another piece. Forrest followed his dad because he wanted more tomatoes. Nathan and I were sitting at the table and he looks at me and say, "Mom." "Yes dear," I say. "Daddy gave me this piece of pizza off of his plate. He is so good." I thought it was so sweet that Nathan was impressed by the fact that his dad gave him pizza off of his plate. Don't you?

My last story happened yesterday. If you all read my comments on RC's blog during Bitch fest, then you already know part of the story. Anyway, I took my neighbor to Enterprise to rent a car yesterday evening. She was going to go spend the night with her cousin once she got her a car to drive, so she had to bring her two dogs with her. Her puppy, Sarge, is a Great Pyrenees. He is about 4 or 5 months old, and already quite large. Sarge was sitting in the back seat between the boys when Forrest pipped up and said, "Sarge's wiener looks kind of like a cow." I didn't know what to say, so I chose to say nothing at all.


This is Sarge.

Kids really do say the darndest things.

8 comments:

Leah said...

OMG, Sugar Butt!!! That is priceless!!! And why did the weiner look like a cow? Was it spotted black and white maybe? HIlarious, absolutely laugh out loud.

Leah said...

p.s. I just read the "sugar butt" remark to my husband who loved it. That is going to stick around our house for a looooong time to come. Your kids sound amazing. What characters.

Cece said...

Yeah, we are still getting a chuckle out of it as well. They really do keep us on our toes.

Suzanne said...

Why can't I stop laughing. Why? And this should make you laugh. I was driving back from the state park today and saw a sticker on a car supporting state park rangers. I thought of Forrest and wondered if he's going to become a ranger. Swear to God! I couldn't stop laughing. Yes honey, that's how my brain works. I know! Trust me, I know. No words need to be exchanged!

XO

Gig said...

Hey, ya think if we get some new eye candy to serve our cocktails, his nickname should be "Sugar Butt"?!!

Sounds like a winner to me!!

But, I think "Sarge" needs to stay home...with his owner,lol.

Your boys are awesome and kids do say the darndest things, and when you least expect it!!

Leah said...

Gig, yes, we definitely need a "Sugar Butt" working the Onion. But what does he look like? I have my own ideas about that...but I guess not everyone wants a cocktail waiter with long greasy black hair, a hook nose, a thick British accent, and a Ph.D in potions...I'd also go for a garden variety hottie, no problem...

Anonymous said...

ROTFL! Oh geez! I'm trying to catch my breath.

Those are classic. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Skeeter said...

Yep, Sugar Butt isn't one that you hear everyday. It is very funny too. You're right!

Bet wishes,
Skeeter